New Tribe TreeBoat Standard Hammock
The Treeboat Hammock from New Tribe is a rugged portable bed made of tough nylon canvas. The four-corner suspension gives the Treeboat its remarkable stability. With a Treeboat, a world of new camping opportunities opens for you because you no longer need flat dry ground to pitch your camp. Even treetop camping becomes a practical reality with a Treeboat.
Dimensions: 78" long and 30" wide
Weight: 4.6 lbs.
Color: Olive neutral
Material: Nylon canvas
Includes: Stuff sack
- Shrouds are 4000 lb. test 1" tubular nulon webbing running full length along both sides of the boat, ending with a buckle at each corner.
- Includes 35 more feet of webbing, in 15- and 20-foot lengths for infinite rigging possibilities.
- The four buckles are 500 lb. proof load stainless steel.
- Easy to adjust and eliminate knot-tying during set up.
- Each corner bears a 2500 lb. test rolled aluminum ring that helps to stop rain water from wicking down the shrouds
- Rings are also handy attachment points for the creative rigging sometimes needed in tree-top hammocking
- The slip-in battens at each end are lightweight fiberglass-epoxy composite, to brace Treeboat out to its full width.
- Won't tip or sway, won't clamp shut around you
- Stable, strong and roomy enough for two people to share (for lounging; sleeping is usually best with one person per hammock).
The folks at New Tribe originally designed the Treeboat for backpacking because they wanted a way to camp that was better than sleeping on hard ground. Weighing almost five pounds, Treeboat isn't your "ultra light" camping gear. But their delight in having living-room comfort out in the wilderness prompted them to say, "It's not heavy, it's my TREEBOAT!"
The four-corner suspension gives Treeboat its remarkable stability, and greatly expands your options for creative rigging whether you have two, three, or four anchor points. With Treeboat, a world of new camping opportunities opens for you because you no longer need flat dry ground to pitch your camp. In fact, Treeboat proved to be strong and stable enough to make even treetop camping a practical reality. Now, Treeboat is the favorite arboreal bed for countless recreational tree climbers around the globe. And it is gaining popularity as well with cyclists, paddlers and backpackers who can set up a cozy camp without concern for rocky, wet or sloping terrain.
Treeboat is more than just another great piece of outdoor gear. Creating the first Treeboat in 1985 was a watershed event that changed how we spent our time outdoors. It is tremendously satisfying to watch Treeboat change other people's lives. If we could keep only one thing that New Tribe has ever designed and made, Treeboat would win hands down.
4.7 out of 5 star average customer rating based on 3 reviews
New Tribe TreeBoat Hammock - 07/25/2015
I Purchased one of these hammocks several months ago and have used it several times. Its great to bring camping or hiking because its light weight, easy to set up and take down. The fiberglass rods and material which make up the TreeBoat are very durable and stand up to wear and tare. I would definitely recommend this hammock to anyone looking to get one.
The perfect blend of craftsmanship and comfort - 11/08/2014
I have had the Tree Boat, for several months now and I am impressed with the ease of set up and the overall comfort of this hammock. I have set it up in upper crown and mid-canopy with great results. I opted for the cozy blanket and just keep it on even in the summer, major up grade. I sleep on my side and find it very. comfortable through the night. There is also rumor of a four season canopy and insect net to be out this year. Basically this hammock show cases fun and style in the "off the clock" climbing adventures. Pricy, but way cheaper then a porta-ledge.
Sleep anywhere - 07/05/2013
Initial price seemed too expensive for me. However, the Treeboat does a great job of supporting my girlfriend and I with great stability. Also, all the accessories designed for this make it worth the money. I love sleeping in the rain with the tent on. If its too stuffy in the summer, set this thing 40' up in a tree and catch the breeze!