X-Rigging Ring Large
This is the Large size of the X-Rigging Ring (28mm ring size, 20mm sling groove). The X-Rigging Rings are a cheaper, lighter alternative to heavy expensive rigging blocks. The shape and size is similar to the attachment point where a sling would attach to a block.
|Part No.||Description||Diameter||Inside Dia.||Thickness||Weight|
|XRR28x20||28mm LF Aluminum Ring||2.75||70||1.10||28||1.22||31||4.23||120|
- X-Rigging Rings(XRR) are for rope rigging, NOT for climbing and life support use.
- The XRRs are very low friction, however, hard use and abuse could result in the ring becoming heated. Choose your sling material wisely in regards to what tasks the ring will be put through. Research your sling or rope material for degradation temperatures before choosing your cordage material.
- Do not use a single XRR as a terminal rigging point. The bend ratio with a single XRR and most rigging rope sizes does not meet best management practices in rigging. Consider triple ring use for terminal rigging. Use arborist blocks for heavy weights, long runs and when less friction is needed.
- XRR must be secured in a very tight professional splice. Do not splice if you are not qualified, slings can be purchased already complete with XRRs.
- Inspect your XRR and splice before every use. If the splice is loose enough for the ring to possibly come out, do not use.
- When an XRR is pushed to extremes, they will deform; the outside groove pinches inward and the XRR will become oval. Discontinue use if the XRR is ever deformed.
- IF the black Hard Coat Anodize is ever worn away, discontinue ring use; as the friction will increase and heat will increase.
4.9 out of 5 star average customer rating based on 7 reviews - See all reviews
The revolution is here - 04/06/2015
Reviewer: Matt Heder
It's unlikely these will completely replace your block, but you will find the block staying in the truck more often. These rings are smooth, light, and tough as hell.
better than a block - 04/05/2015
way smoother than a block and weighs allmost nothing very well built too
Really versatile - 04/04/2015
Reviewer: Jon matych
These are so handy, far cheaper than a block, as strong as the sling you splice them with, and even help with the learning curve for groundies running ropes-they add just a bit of friction to take a bit of the edge off. I'm slowly accumulating many of them, no such thing as too many I think. Check out treebuzz forum for some really great custom sling designs.
wave of the furture - 04/04/2015
These rings are the wave of thefuture. I may be without blocks before too long. Super pleasant to use comcompatibility. So light, and that extra little bit of friction at the rigging point cuts down on the shake and jive when compared to traditional blocks........and that is just the talk regarding using rings for the terminal rigging point. Cheap redirects allows small operations like myself to afford to use redirects to improve the way the forces affect the tree structure. It would have been a long time before I could have been able to afford the number of blocks it would havetaken to pull off some of the rigging systems I have rigged using these rings in place of traditional blocks. Jump on the band wagon, folks.....the seats are comfortable.
Eggscellent product - 07/14/2013
Reviewer: Ralph Benavides
I have two of these large rings that I spliced onto some 5/8ths tenex with a cordura sleeve.. I use them in a basket configuration as a rigging point for my 1/2" & 9/16 the ropes. They are awesome, really low friction and lightweight. Easy to hook to saddle and carry up with you plus lighter than a sling&block combo.. get some!