X-Rigging Ring Large
This is the Large size of the X-Rigging Ring (28mm ring size, 20mm sling groove). The X-Rigging Rings are a cheaper, lighter alternative to heavy expensive rigging blocks. The shape and size is similar to the attachment point where a sling would attach to a block.
|Part No.||Description||Diameter||Inside Dia.||Thickness||Weight|
|XRR28x20||28mm LF Aluminum Ring||2.75||70||1.10||28||1.22||31||4.23||120|
- X-Rigging Rings(XRR) are for rope rigging, NOT for climbing and life support use.
- The XRRs are very low friction, however, hard use and abuse could result in the ring becoming heated. Choose your sling material wisely in regards to what tasks the ring will be put through. Research your sling or rope material for degradation temperatures before choosing your cordage material.
- Do not use a single XRR as a terminal rigging point. The bend ratio with a single XRR and most rigging rope sizes does not meet best management practices in rigging. Consider triple ring use for terminal rigging. Use arborist blocks for heavy weights, long runs and when less friction is needed.
- XRR must be secured in a very tight professional splice. Do not splice if you are not qualified, slings can be purchased already complete with XRRs.
- Inspect your XRR and splice before every use. If the splice is loose enough for the ring to possibly come out, do not use.
- When an XRR is pushed to extremes, they will deform; the outside groove pinches inward and the XRR will become oval. Discontinue use if the XRR is ever deformed.
- IF the black Hard Coat Anodize is ever worn away, discontinue ring use; as the friction will increase and heat will increase.
4.9 out of 5 star average customer rating based on 9 reviews - See all reviews
THey work great - 01/04/2016
These things are light and strong. I made a few rigging slings with these rings and they work well. My smaller sling is made with a medium and large ring on 3' of 9/16 double braid (I wish I would have made it a little longer 3.5-4') THe larger sling is 5.5' on 3/4 " rope with a large and an extra large ring. I've used x-rings and abr. they both work well...I like the finish on the x-rings a little better..
killer - 01/04/2016
Killer design ! lots of sling configuration possibilitys! light and tough
The revolution is here - 04/06/2015
Reviewer: Matt Heder
It's unlikely these will completely replace your block, but you will find the block staying in the truck more often. These rings are smooth, light, and tough as hell.
better than a block - 04/05/2015
way smoother than a block and weighs allmost nothing very well built too
Really versatile - 04/04/2015
Reviewer: Jon matych
These are so handy, far cheaper than a block, as strong as the sling you splice them with, and even help with the learning curve for groundies running ropes-they add just a bit of friction to take a bit of the edge off. I'm slowly accumulating many of them, no such thing as too many I think. Check out treebuzz forum for some really great custom sling designs.