The HAAS is a unique ascent tool designed by Michael Frankhauser of Ohio. It gives the climber an easier and faster way to ascend. It can be added to double rope systems, SRT systems, with the Rope Wrench, the Hitchiker, or without. The HAAS features a fully integrated knee ascender that captures all of the advancement made by your other foot. If you ever thought it would be cool to use two foot ascenders, here is your chance. The HAAS is sold in regular length and long length.
The Haas is still being made in Ohio by Michael Frankhauser, but now it’s being made with a rope that is custom made for this application by Tuefelberger. The Haas works by utilizing the length of lower tether to house operational bungie, which then transfers its energy to advancing the ascender up via the hollow tether. The result is a clean, small, light, efficient, cost effective ascent system. A foot ascender and a HAAS is an entire ascent system for SRT or DRT. It can be added and removed from your system in a matter of seconds and can be set up with all current life support systems. It is sold in two lengths, regular and long.
- Strong and simple
- Straight inline pull
- 100% captured advancement of other foot
- Can be used in right or left foot application
- Allows for very fast and easy ascent
- Ease of operation
- Fast setup
- Faster and more ergonomic than foot locking
- NOT life support, only to be used to advance your system
Basic Concept: Until now, only one foot ascender could be used. The HAAS deals with this by moving the operational range of the "other foot" above the foot with the traditional foot ascender. The key is the patent pending integrated bungee design which runs the length of the lower tether giving it full operational range of pull.
- Custom Teufelberger Rope
- Full Brass Swivel Boat Snap
- Superior Grade Bungie
- Custom Line
- CT Chest Ascender
The HAAS is sold in two sizes (regular and long). Follow these instructions to pick your length.
- Lower yourself so your feet just touch the ground but you are still fully suspended.
- Measure from the top of your foot to the bottom of your hitch, this is the total space available for the HAAS to operate.
- If this measurement is less than 36 inches you will get better performance from a regular HAAS.
- If this is 37 inches or more you would benefit from the long HAAS.
- If the measurement is in between, either size will work (there are a few inches of overlap)
The regular HAAS puts the middle of the ascender 16 inches above the top of your foot the Long HAAS puts the middle of the ascender 19 inches above the top of your foot.
Keep in mind, your knee may not be in the middle of the range, so using your knee as a reference may not provide the best results. The measurements above should provide the best performance.
- Product Type:
- 17 in
- Country of Manufacture:
- Manufacturer Part Number: