Hand saws should be a part of every arborist's kit. They are some of the most versatile tools available. They can be used for everything, from pruning trees to breaking down dead wood. We offer a large number of hand saws, as well as replacement blades. We've got a hand saw for just about anything, from cutting thick branches to cutting down entire medium sized trees!
How to Choose Hand Saws for Your Tree Cutting Needs
When you're looking for a hand saw for cutting trees, you need to take a few things into consideration. Finding the saw that's going to help you get the job done in the most efficient manner is important. To do that, be sure to think about the following:
- Blade Length: Blade length is going to determine what size branches you'll be able to cut down.
- Handle Design: Because hand saws are used by hand, it's important that you find a handle that's comfortable. If you're going to be using your saw a lot, be sure to find an ergonomic handle.
- Blade Material: The material your blade is made from will determine how durable it is. For the most part, carbon steel is the standard. This is because it makes a sturdy blade for pruning saws that's still light weight.
- Handle Length: If you're going to be cutting trees with tall branches, you may want a longer handle. That will keep you from climbing up and down a ladder all day.
- Teeth per Inch: The appropriate amount of teeth is going to make a difference. A saw blade with fewer teeth will cut fast, but the cut will be rough. The opposite is true for blades with more teeth.
If you can determine your needs for all of the above, then you'll be able to get the best hand saw for your needs! We only carry what we believe in, so any of the products you'll buy from us are certainly the best hand saws available. If you need any assistance picking a saw, be sure to reach out! We'd love to answer your questions and help you buy the hand saw that's best for you.