At long last, a prusik line that will last. 10mm Armor-Prus from Donaghys features a unique cover blend of Technora and polyester. The cover acts like armor over a core of light weight Spectra 900/aramid fibers. The sewn eyes are stitched by the experts at Rope Logic.
ABS: 4300kg (9400 lbs)
Source: New Zealand
"Since first sampling the product in New Zealand three years ago, Armor Prus has become an important part of our climbing system. As a climbing prusik, the cord performs brilliantly, when tied correctly it is reliable and runs well on modern double braid climbing lines. The 10mm version has proven itself as a superior foot lock line due to its static nature and high grip. At the world comps in 2010, the footlock comp was won on 10mm Armor Prus, with several other climbers recording PB's on the rope also. The only problem with Armor Prus is that other climbers always want to 'borrow' some -- piss off, get your own!" -- Grant Cody, Australian Champion Tree Climber.
- Blended Technora cover to prevent melting and glazing
- Very low stretch Technora is rated 234°C higher than standard polyester
- Meets ITCC climbing comp rule
- The Spectra core incorporates a world-first safety feature made up of twin aramid strands which, in the unlikely event of cover failure, prevent the core from being cut or melted completely
- Strand Count:
- 24 Strand
- Country of Manufacture:
- Manufacturer Part Number:
- Product Type:
- Eye & Eyes