At long last, a prusik line that will last. 8mm Armor-Prus from Donaghys features a unique cover blend of Technora and polyester. The cover acts like armor over a core of light weight Spectra 900/aramid fiber. The sewn eyes are stitched by the rope experts at Rope Logic.
ABS: 2800kg (6100 lbs)
Source: New Zealand
"Since first sampling the product in New Zealand three years ago, Armor Prus has become an important part of our climbing system. As a climbing prusik, the cord performs brilliantly, when tied correctly it is reliable and runs well on modern double braid climbing lines. As it has a breaking strength exceeding 22kN, the 8mm Armor Prus is perfect to splice as a footlock prusik or as a backup link in SRT systems. The only problem with Armor Prus is that other climbers always want to 'borrow' some -- piss off, get your own!" -- Grant Cody, Australian Champion Tree Climber.
- Blended Technora cover to prevent melting and glazing
- Very low stretch
- Technora is rated 234°C higher than standard polyester
- Meets ITCC climbing comp rule
- The Spectra core incorporates a world-first safety feature made up of twin aramid strands which, in the unlikely event of cover failure, prevent the core from being cut or melted completely
- Scannable enabled for track and trace capability
- Strand Count:
- 24 Strand
- Country of Manufacture:
- Manufacturer Part Number:
- Product Type:
- Eye & Eyes