The Spiderjack from ART serves as a multi-functional rope control device for double rope. With adequate practice the Spiderjack 2 allows the climber many unique functions and movements. It results in a very dynamic and energy saving climbing in trees and other environments.
Features and Functions
- Use with ropes from 11-13 mm in diameter.
- Unlike the Lockjack the Spiderjack 2 does not require changing the clutch using ropes.
- Fastening the Spiderjack to the harness and fixing the standing rope eye requires just one carabiner. This makes the whole system compact plus the hand-over-hand movement becomes really efficient.
- Extremely smooth rope passage even under load. As soon as you pull the line above the device the Spider turns from blocking into running position. This allows for two-handed as well as single-handed ascent or adjusting of work positioning even when there is little rope weight below to speed up the rope run. Pure efficiency at work here!
- The ergonomically designed release lever of the Spider features a groove on its inner side giving a redirection of rope. This way the climber‘s hands will not be affected by rope friction at all.
- Some practice with the unique thumb brake will facilitate a very precise control of rope passage – from extremely slow to extremely fast. Trained experts really enjoy the Spider induced high-speed precision landings. Of course the brake system works just as well in "normal" use. The brake pad is made of Guajak wood (guaiacum), a very hard wood, friction resistant and extremely durable.
- Using the Spiderjack requires wearing a harness with a low attachment point. The lower the Spiderjack is attached, the longer are the arm pull movements.
- The Spiderjack has no panic-function! Therefore it is necessary to follow user instructions especially in the learning phase!
- Product Type:
- DRT Climbing Devices
- Country of Manufacture:
- Manufacturer Part Number: