DeepRoot Tree Root Barriers are patented mechanical guides that redirect tree roots down and away from hardscapes, preventing costly root damage while preserving the health and beauty of mature trees. Tree Root Barriers are used for linear, surround and root pruning applications on both new plantings and existing trees. The panels include a patented, integrated zipper joining mechanism for easy assembly.
The 18" (46 cm) height is ideal for protection from invasive roots in sidewalk, driveway, patio and many other planting situations. The 24" (61 cm) height is ideal for protection from aggressive, invasive roots in sidewalk, curb and gutter, driveway, patio and many other planting situations.
Linear application - Provide maximum hardscape protection while utilizing all available rooting space for improved tree health by placing barriers in a straight line directly along the hardscape to be protected.
Surround application - Protect hardscapes that surround a planting on all four sides. Plan to line the perimeter of the planting area with the panels – this provides the maximum available uncompacted soil volume for immediate root growth.
Root pruning application - Root pruning can help prevent injury and preserve existing trees that are causing hardscape damage. Disruptive roots are cleanly cut and removed; linear Root Barrier is then installed.
- Instant assembly
- Slide one panel into the next
- Sizing adjustable in 2' (61 cm) modules
- 1/2" (1.2 cm) raised 90º molded root deflecting ribs
- Patented ground lock tabs to prevent lifting by tree
- Patented double top edge for strength, safety, appearance and root overgrowth protection
- Manufactured in USA with 50% post-consumer recycled plastic
18" H x 24"W (46 cm x 61 cm) or 24" H x 24" W (61 cm x 61 cm)
MATERIAL AND MANUFACTURING PROCESS
- Copolymer Polypropylene of 0.080" (2.032 mm) thickness
- 50% Post-consumer recycled plastic
- Injection molded
- IS0 9002 certified
- Source: Made in USA
- 18" x 24" Panels: 26 Panels per Case, approximately 43 lbs. (19.5 kg) per Case
- 24" x 24" Panels: 20 panels per Case, approximately 43 lbs. (19.5 kg) per Case
- Manufacturer Part Number:
- UB 18-2N - INDIVIDUAL