Tree loppers are one of the essential tools that every arborist needs. Also called pruning shears or tree pruners, loppers are going to help you with quickly cutting thick branches, as well as getting rid of any dead branches you may need to remove.
Choosing the Best Tree Loppers
If you're looking for a new set of tree loppers, you've got to make sure you've got the right tool for the job. There are a few things to consider when browsing our selection:
- Bypass Lopper vs. Anvil Loppers: If you're pruning woody plants, choose a bypass lopper. For soft or green plants, a set of anvil loppers is your best bet.
- Cutting Capacity: Loppers are going to have different length blades, depending on the manufacturer. If you need to cut thicker branches, you'll need longer blades, of course.
- Handle Length: The length of your loppers handles will depend on what you're cutting. Pruning shrubs can be done with hand loppers, but trees may need extendable handles.
- Handle Material: Material is going to impact the weight of the loppers. If you're using loppers as a part of your job, go for something light and strong, like aluminum handles.
- Cutting Power: Cutting power is dependent upon blade length and handle length. Thick branches will need longer blades and longer handles for leverage.
As always, if you need any help picking the right tool, be sure to reach out! We pride ourselves on being able to assist our customers with everything tree-related!