The Spiderjack 2.1 Dyneema from ART is like the SpiderJack 2.1 Basic, but with the Dyneema Kit mounted. The Dyneema sling is attached on the body of the device but the ring must be fixed on to the carabiner of the device. On the other end of the sling you can attach a carabiner for the spliced end of your rope. The Dyneema Kit allows you to change the climbing system much more easily than before, when climbing with more than one rope and anchor point. Before climbing, always verify that the ring of the Dyneema Kit is connected onto your carabiner!
Features and Functions
Use with ropes from 11-13 mm in diameter.
- Unlike the Lockjack the Spiderjack 2 does not require changing the clutch using ropes.
- Fastening the Spiderjack to the harness and fixing the standing rope eye requires just one carabiner. This makes the whole system compact plus the hand-over-hand movement becomes really efficient.
- Extremely smooth rope passage even under load. As soon as you pull the line above the device the Spider turns from blocking into running position. This allows for two-handed as well as single-handed ascent or adjusting of work positioning even when there is little rope weight below to speed up the rope run. Pure efficiency at work here!
- The ergonomically designed release lever of the Spider features a groove on its inner side giving a redirection of rope. This way the climber‘s hands will not be affected by rope friction at all.
- Some practice with the unique thumb brake will facilitate a very precise control of rope passage – from extremely slow to extremely fast. Trained experts really enjoy the Spider induced high-speed precision landings. Of course the brake system works just as well in "normal" use. The brake pad is made of Guajak wood (guaiacum), a very hard wood, friction resistant and extremely durable.
Using the Spiderjack requires wearing a harness with a low attachment point. The lower the Spiderjack is attached, the longer are the arm pull movements.
- The Spiderjack has no panic-function! Therefore it is necessary to follow user instructions especially in the learning phase!
- 7/16 in to 1/2 in (11 mm to 13 mm)
- Country of Manufacture:
- Manufacturer Part Number:
- Product Type:
- DRT Climbing Devices