The Basic from Petzl is a multi-purpose compact ascender that offers excellent grip for rope ascents. The lower attachment hole is large enough to hold the carabiners for the lanyard and the footloop. Much like the Croll, the Petzl Basic can be used as a knee ascender.
- Compact ascender with excellent grip
- Can be used for rope ascent on a fixed line or as progress capture in a hauling system
- Toothed cam with self-cleaning slot optimizes performance under any conditions (e.g. frozen or dirty ropes)
- Stainless steel cam has better resistance to corrosion
- Lower attachment hole large enough for two carabiners (lanyard and foot loop)
- Upper connection hole for guiding the rope
Material(s): aluminum for the frame, stainless steel for the cam, nylon for the trigger.
Weight: 90 g
Rope: for use with single ropes between 8 and 11 mm
Certification(s): CE EN 567, UIAA
Made in: FR Guarantee: 3 years
- Product Type:
- CE EN 567, CE EN 12 841 TYPE B
- Country of Manufacture:
- Manufacturer Part Number: